Knowing how to block websites on Chrome helps to prevent children from accessing explicit content. Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers used across the world. There are many reasons to block websites on Chrome and one of the most common ones is focus! Our productivity gets ruined by accessing unwanted websites that distract us. In today’s post, you’ll get to learn how to block websites on Google Chrome in detail. Using Chrome features, you can easily block websites on desktop and mobile devices. Let us now check out how to block websites on Chrome a bit more in detail.
How To Block Websites On Chrome?
There are two ways to know how to block websites on Chrome.
- By Using BlockSite Extension
- By Editing The Hosts Files
- By Using Chrome’s Block Feature
- By Using A Router
- By Using Incognito Mode
Not all websites are needed to be blocked on Chrome. There are some websites that must be blocked based on various reasons like addiction, adult content, and more. Luckily, the system is set to deny access to such websites. There are multiple ways to block websites on Chrome.
Without wasting much time, let us check out how to block a website on Chrome in detail.
Block Websites On Chrome By Using BlockSite Extension
Google Chrome allows us to download various extensions to apply various features. You can follow these steps to know how to block websites on Chrome using the BlockSite extension.
- On Chrome, open BlockSite: Block Websites & Stay Focused.
- Once the extension window opens, click on Add to Chrome option.
- Now, an installation confirmation page will open.
- Click on I Accept to accept all terms and conditions.
- Then, it’s time to choose a plan.
- Click on Start my Free Trial to use this extension.
- Now, open the website on Chrome that you want to block.
- Right-click on the website link to open the pop-up menu.
- From the list, select the BlockSite extension.
- Then, select the Block this link option.
Thus, when you try to visit this blocked website, an image of a disappointed puppy will be displayed.
Let us now check out how to block websites on Chrome without an extension.
Block Websites On Chrome By Editing The Hosts Files
Some people don’t want to use a Chrome extension to block websites. So, if you’re an administrator, you can edit the hosts’ files to restrict access to certain sites. Follow these steps to block websites on Chrome without an extension.
- Click on the Start button to search for Notepad.
- Then, right-click on Notepad to open the pop-up menu.
- Select the Run as administrator option from the list.
- In Notepad, click on File and then the Open option.
- Now, open the “etc” folder.
- From this folder, select the “Hosts” file.
- Then, click on the Open button at the bottom.
- At the end of the ‘Hosts’ file, type 127.0.0.1.
- Then, type the URL link of the website you want to block.
Now, the system won’t open the blocked website. You can then remove the link from the host file if you wish to unblock the website.
Block Websites On Chrome By Using Chrome’s Block Feature
Google Chrome offers its users to block notifications from websites. Follow these steps to know how to block a website on Google.
- On Google Chrome, click on the menu button (three vertical dots).
- From the list of options, select Settings.
- Under Settings, click on Privacy and security.
- From the Privacy and Security section, click on Site Settings.
- Under the Permissions section, click on Notifications.
- Now, disable the ‘Sites can ask to send notifications’ button.
- Then, click on the Add option.
- Here, type the URL link of the website whose notifications you wish to block.
Therefore, the browser will now block all notifications from the selected website.
Click here – How To Block No Caller ID On iPhone?
Block Websites On Chrome By Using A Router
Surprisingly, users can also block Chrome websites from a router. Follow these steps to block websites from the router.
- On your web browser, open the router settings.
- Then, click on security.
- Under Security, click on Block Sites.
- Now, type the domain name of the website you want to block.
- Once done, click on Apply.
Now, the systems connected to your router won’t be able to access the blocked website.
Block Websites On Chrome By Using Incognito Mode
Incognito mode is widely popular for many years as it leaves no traces of your browsing activity. Follow these steps to know how to block a website on Chrome in Incognito mode.
- Open Google Chrome and click on extensions.
- From here, double-click on Block Site Extension to open it.
- Now, click on the Settings icon to open its settings.
- Under Settings, click on Enable in Incognito Mode.
Thus, it’s a great way to prevent certain websites from targeting you on the web.
You can now keep on reading to know how to block websites on phone.
Block Websites On Chrome Mobile
In this section, I will tell you how to block websites on Chrome mobile. The process of blocking websites on Chrome is a bit different on Android devices and iOS devices. Keep on reading to block websites on Chrome mobile app.
You can follow these steps to block websites on Chrome for iPhone.
- On your iPhone, tap on the Settings app to open it.
- Scroll down to tap on Screen Time.
- Under Screen Time, tap on Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Here, tap on Content Restrictions.
- Under Content Restrictions, tap on Web Content.
- From this section, tap on the Limit Adult Websites option.
- In the Never Allow section, tap on Add Website.
- Here, type the URL of the website you want to block.
- Once done, tap on Done to block this website.
You can follow the same procedure for how to block websites on Chrome Mac. But you’ll find the Screen Time option under System Preferences.
Follow these steps to know how to block a website on Android.
- First, download and launch the BlockSite app on your Android device.
- Then, tap on the plus sign + located in the lower-right corner.
- Here, type the URL of the website you want to block.
- Once done, tap on the green check mark symbol.
- Now, tap on the Alarm Clock symbol.
- Then, choose the times and days of the week you want the website to be blocked.
- Turn on the Toggle switch to apply these settings.
- Tap on the Back arrow to go back to the main page.
You can even use the Mobile Security app to block a website.
By reading my above post, you’ve learned how to block websites on Chrome permanently in detail. Blocking unwanted websites helps us to add an extra layer of protection. Basically, it safeguards our devices from viruses, ransomware, and other malicious content. For example, the BlockSite extension is one of the best site blocker for Chrome. You simply have to add the website URL to block it in Google Chrome. However, you can even edit the ‘Hosts’ files and use Chrome’s block feature to do this task. Let us now block any unwanted websites on Chrome by understanding how to block websites on Chrome.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit FindingCEO
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit FindProsCons
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit Flagizzy
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit GetDailyBuzz
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit GetDailyTech
How do I block certain websites
How do I block websites in chrome?